The Spanish La Liga is amongst Europe’s most popular football league, arguably across the world too.
This is evident by the star-studded teams of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Valencia, to name a few of the country’s best football clubs throughout the decades.
As the current season edges closer to its penultimate final weeks of the campaign, a La Liga Team of the Season (TOTS) has finally been concluded with the likes of Luis Suarez and Karim Benzema amongst the top performers of the year.
Here’s a full breakdown of the Spanish league’s TOTS:
GK – Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid): OVR 91 (TOTS 96)
· 28-year old Slovenian goalkeeper, Jan Oblak is deemed as one of the best shot-stoppers in modern football, evident by his continued achievements on the pitch.
· At the moment, he is the league’s most effective goalkeeper, holding on to twenty-three (23) clean sheets.
RB – Jesus Navas (Sevilla): OVR 84 (TOTS 91)
· The Spanish right back used to be an accomplished winger before his transition into a more defensive role for Sevilla.
· With six (6) assists so far, it is not just his attacking runs which make him feared on the flanks, but also his quick feet and dribbling skill with the ball too, helping Sevilla to exceed expectations by becoming genuine title contenders this season.
CB - Raphael Varane (Real Madrid): OVR 86 (TOTS 95)
· Varane has been very solid at the back for Real Madrid, keeping his team’s backline safe together with veteran centre-back, Sergio Ramos.
· He has been regularly picked by Zidane to maintain Real’s impressive defensive record, currently only conceding twenty-four (24) goals only thus far, only beaten by Atletico Madrid’s twenty-two (22).
LB – Jordi Alba (Barcelona): OVR 86 (TOTS 93)
· Jordi Alba is another Spanish footballer who has been on top form throughout the season.
· In FUT 21, Alba has seen a few notable player card increases to respect his great on-field performances, culminating in his TOTS Player Card which is now his fourth (4th) upgrade in the game.
RW – Lucas Vasquez (Real Madrid): OVR 80 (TOTS 92)
· Usually demoted as a substitute or impact player from the bench, Vasquez has taken his opportunities well this season by becoming one of the best players in La Liga.
· Notching five (5) assists and two (2) goals so far, he would have surely been able to do even more had he got his engine running much quicker earlier in the season.
CM – Frenkie De Jong (Barcelona): OVR 85 (TOTS 94)
· The young Dutch midfielder has had to fulfil tremendous responsibility in the middle of the pitch, always being compared to Catalan legends, Xavi and Iniesta.
· Although his playstyle very much differs from both of them, he is still an integral part of Ronald Koeman’s plans, grabbing three (3) goals and four (4) assists in the process.
CDM – Casemiro (Real Madrid): OVR 89 (TOTS 94)
· Casemiro is a Brazilian who never stops working, and his continued work rate has helped Real Madrid immensely by covering the team’s defensive backline every so often.
· Not one to bow down when it comes to physicality, Casemiro is the team’s central backbone for the others to express their own creativity and flair throughout games.
LW - Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid): OVR 82 (TOTS 92)
· The Belgium international has been seemingly overlooked time and time again by Europe’s top clubs, but his professional portfolio suggests that he is amongst the best wingers in the continent at the moment.
· Currently, he stands at five (5) goals and eight (8) assists which are very respectable for a consistent winger in La Liga, keeping Atletico Madrid firmly on top of the Spanish league table.
RF – Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid): OVR 87 (TOTS 95)
· The former Barcelona hitman was sad to be relieved of his duties alongside Lionel Messi, but got his head firmly in the game again when he started scoring continuously for Los Rojiblancos.
· He is currently at nineteen (19) goals in the La Liga goal-scoring charts, and has every chance of making it past that 25-goals mark before the end of the season.
CF – Karim Benzema (Real Madrid): OVR 89 (TOTS 97)
· The now 33-year old Frenchman has still not seen his predatory skills fade yet, with his performances this season leading to many staking a claim for him to be amongst the Ballon d’Or nominees for 2021.
· Currently second on the league’s goal-scoring list, his twenty-one (21) goal count has kept Real Madrid firmly on the heels of their fierce neighbours, Atletico Madrid.
LF – Lionel Messi (Barcelona): OVR 93 (TOTS 98)
· The one and only, Lionel Messi continues to wow the world with his out-of-this world performances, at times leading the club to victory all by himself.
· He is, at present, the league’s top goal-scorer with twenty-eight (28) goals to his tally, inching closer to his average thirty-goal-per-season target (what a player!).
CB – Jules Kounde (Sevilla): OVR 79 (TOTS 88)
CAM – Nabil Fekir (Real Betis): OVR 83 (TOTS 92)
CM – Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid): OVR 82 (TOTS 89)
ST – Gerard Moreno (Villarreal): OVR 83 (TOTS 90)
With these impressive player cards now out in FUT 21, you will surely be able to find them in the Transfer Market very soon too.
Need more FUT coins to spend for these invaluable players?
Head on over to U7Buy now to enjoy awesome discounts and sales prices not found anywhere else!